Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Marriage???


When are you getting married? When are the wedding bells ringing? When are you getting settled down? So got any girl in mind? Are you seeing someone?
Questions and more such questions are what my ears are getting used to hearing nowadays from friends(married friends I must add), parents, relatives, neighbors, ex-girl friends and God knows who all.
Hearing to all this I sometimes feel that my main goal to achieve in the next quadrant is to get married or else my life will come to a stand still.
I hearing to such questions, smile it off or in the most polite way try to change the topic of discussion or even sometimes to satisfy the family elders I say ‘soon’. But trust me I seldom use that word ‘soon’, because as soon as I utter that word, all my ‘well wishing’ near and far off aunties and neighbors start telling me about all the eligible girls and sometimes some even carry the photo of girls along and show them to me and ask me a simple sounding (but yet more complex than nuclear physics) question :’What do you think?’.
But when me sit alone and have nothing to do, I sit and ponder as to how things will be a few years down the line, with me married and treading along a different phase of life.
Then it dawns to me that I never seriously so far have thought about the girl whom I would like to have as my life partner. This in turn starts of a chain reaction getting me to sit and think about what exactly I would like in my life partner and what are my expectations.
So I thought let me write down my thoughts about the qualities in a girl I would like as my wife.
Now to begin with I started to think about some practical needs, like for instance the girl should be working(hope most of u guys agree with me).Gone are those days when men expected their wives to be only home makers. This age belongs to the women who not only are expert home makers but are efficient career women as well.(3 cheers to women liberation).Realizing that nowadays women + career is a default, I smile that finding such a woman wont be difficult :-).
Then I started to think about the girl in particular, meaning her qualities, looks, behavior etc. and here listed below are few of my thoughts about the same :
My ideal girl would be a fun loving, humorous one with a streak of naughtiness in her.
I really hope and pray that she is MORE intelligent than me, and by ‘intelligent’ I don’t mean that she must be some nerd, instead what I mean is that she should be street smart woman.(I really wish I get such a woman, because me not such a smart guy...blush blush)
Moving on, my ideal girl should have her own personality and I would love it if she has her own say about things rather than just agreeing to whatever I say.
She should be this understanding and caring woman, who in spite of keeping her own identity blends well with my family and is comfortable being part of them.
Moving over to the physically visible aspects, frankly speaking I don’t expect my girl to be a drop dead bomb shell .Instead I prefer ‘earthly beauties’, with cute attractive features :-):-)
Mmmm sorry folks think I need to wrap up my description here, since at present these are all I have thought about that ‘special person’ who would be a integral part of my life in future. As for the rest of it…think I need to meet up that person and spend my life time with her, trying to know more about her. Think , thats what the essence of marriage is all about :-):-):-).

6 comments:

gtholpadi said...

Maga, as before, I enjoyed reading this one immensely. I was smiling all the time when reading this one in particular, 'cos I am in the same boat, more or less... :o)

Vivek Venugopal B said...

Maga, I do not think that finding such a girl would be any difficult. So you are going to have a tough time to decide who is the one for you. Question, have you started your search now that you have addressed the qualities you want in her? Anyway, have a ball.

Rajani said...

Visited this blog after a really lone time...

Trust me, I know what you are going through :)

Cupid_Struck said...

Here is a valuable input about marriage given by my colleague Marco :
Hi Rohan,

you're lucky I am working from home today and we can ask my wife for input. The problem is that she doesn't want to answer and returns the question to me. But I think it was a good idea to get married 6 years ago. We've got two smart kids one at the age of 5 and the other one 2 years old. So I would recommend you to apply to the 'RAMP UP' project ;-)

Cheers
Marco


Hi Marco,

Marriage mmmmmmmm….
I have few of my friends who r currently the 'RAMP UP' customers of the institute called MARRIAGE…
Looking at their life style and the after effects…then shall I think of signing in for tat RELATIONSHIP ;-)

Say by the way r u married ;-) ?? If so u sure could send in across ur valuable inputs ;-)

Cheers,
Rohan Benjamin Punith


Hi Rohan,

just read some articels of your blog. Very nice. So when are you going to get married ;-)

Cheers
Marco

Shweta said...

I can understand your situation....this was a really interesting blog!

Rey said...

Hey just wondering ??? did you find the person you were looking for ????? let me know when you do ... i would surely like to get to know her .... ha ha lol ;-P