Monday, March 06, 2006

Why do I blog?

Why do I blog? This is exactly the question I was asking myself the other day as I was driving back from work .
So I leaned back on my seat and looked back in time and started recollecting, as to what got me started writing my own blog and how I have progressed so far.
To begin with I was impressed with my colleague’s blog, when I read his blog I was like “Can I also write?” “Can I put down my thoughts in black and white?”. These questions
Got me thinking. Also, I thought this would be a kool way of impressing gurls ;-)
So I decided I will also blog and thus went ahead and created my own blog. But then came the tough part as to what do I write in my blog about?? So I sat thinking about what should I blog about.To get an idea, I read a few blogs, wherein people have blogged about politics, technical stuff and some have even written poetry and what not. I was like damn I am not gifted to write poems, nor do I follow politics to voice my opinion in my blog about politics, nor am I fundu at technical stuff that I can exhibit my technical brilliance to people through my blog. So what do I write about??
This was a very low period a depressing moment, when I realized that I had nothing to write about, and even worse was when I compared myself with others I felt I was left out and didn’t have neither technical not artistic things to write about.
But then I thought why don’t I write about my personal experiences in life after all everyone keeps saying ‘Life is the best teacher’. So I decided let me put down my personal experiences of life, in black and white.
So here in my blog I have shared a few of my personal experiences. As I sit and read my own blog I sort of feel a sense of small achievement that I am able to put my thoughts in black and white. Also, it’s a nice way of letting things out, for instance, when my friends met with an accident and we all friends stood by each other and went through the troubled times together, there was this warm feeling of being loved and cared by my friends, which I couldn’t express in words to my group of friends, but instead I felt it comfortable expressing my feelings in my blog.
So I feel blogging has provided me a channel where in I can express my feelings.
Hoping to write more in my blog. Hope you people find reading this blog interesting.

1 comment:

Avantika said...

nice post...so many times i have asked this Q to ma self, and scribled smethin in ma blog :) saw u in Sukhi's frenz list on Orkut, dono if u remember me, but i was her kiddo sis in skoool..

u gota cool blog,n u really knw well about expressing yourself in black & white :)keep it goin..