Monday, March 06, 2006

Woman


“A woman is often measured by the things she cannot control. She is measured by the way her body curves or doesn’t curve, by where she is flat or straight or round. She is measured by 36-24-36 and inches and ages and numbers. By all the outside things that don’t ever add up to who she is on the inside. So if a woman is to be measured .let her be measured by the things she can control, by who she is trying to become .Because as every woman knows, measurements are only statistics and statistics lie”
Now now before all you readers (especially the male species I know) start smirking and wondering if I have turned into a hermit and heading towards the Himalayas in search of salvation. Let me make the things clear, I am still the same Rohan you guys know of.
And hello female species, the writing above is not written to be used by you folks in your next ‘mahila sangh’ promotion campaign.
I happen to come across this writing and when I read through it, I realized how true each of the words were. So thought of sharing it with all you folks.
Do give it thought and I am sure if you read through the message and try to figure out what your outlook towards women is, then I am sure each one of us will have another new angle of looking at women. I say this because it sure has changed my outlook.

No comments: