Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hold on to Your Love

It was one of those days when I felt staying back late at office was better thing to
do than go back to a empty flat and sit and watch television.I had actually planned to sit and do some work and read some technical documents.So opened the document and put on my headphones and decided to hear to this hindi song,which my friends were saying is a nice one.This song is titled 'Agar tum mil jao' its from the movie titled Zaher and sung by Udit Naryan. The first time I heard it, I was trying to read some stuff ..so didnt pay much attention to the lyrics.But then next time I heard it..I just couldnt stop hearing that song.I dont know how many times I might have heard it...it was i was totally mesmerized by the song and the lyrics.
If u havent heard it...I strongly recommend u to hear it...its one song that has such
deepth in its meaning.The starting line goes like 'agar tum mil jao tho ...zamana chod dainge hum'(translated in english it would sound..'if i had u in my life, i wud forsake the entire world').I just sat and related the wordings to my life...and then it struck me..how true those words are. I could relate to those words on a personal level, bcos once upon I too was in love...and had this wonderful girl in my life...and for me..it seemed as my entire world revolved around her. Being with her talking with her for hours and hours didnt bore me and whenever I was with her..it was as if I had shut myself to the outside world,for me she was the world the whole and soul and the purpose of my existence.
I know I must be sounding all this senti and mushy type...but then people..have u ever sat back and taken some time and thought about these things?
Havent u felt that just the presence of that 'special' person around u...brightens up the room and makes u feel glad that, that person is around ?
Havent u felt that ...u could just go on talking with that person...and never realize the time slip by?
Havent ur eyes longed to see that person atleast once in a day ..just to watch them look at u and smile back?
Ask me...and I wud say YES...I have felt all this and I very glad that I had this opportunity in my life to experience all these stuff. This lovely feeling of being in LOVE.
Yes, I know some of u readers must be saying what crap is all this ? Some might even argue..that there is nothing called 'love' !But, trust me...LOVE exists and exists in different forms.But then, love doesnt mean that if u happen to love a person, that other person should also reciprocate.I have seen this happen many times,
a guy or girl happen to love someone and when that person doesnt reciprocate..they feel love just doesnt exist. Love is beyond all this, love is about liking a person unconditionally and always wishing well for that person and being there for that person when they need u.Love is not doing something, expecting something in return.
But, also coming to think about it...I feel one should be LUCKY to be in love...cause one has to be lucky in meeting that 'special' person in ur life..who gladdens ur heart and makes u feel wanted and makes u forget the rest of the world.
But once found...I mean if someone is lucky to find such a person in ones life, then one must make sure not to hurt that person or let go of that person. I know there will be tough times in ones life..some testing times when the relationship is tested and one has to pass the 'fire test'. But then its these tests that strengthens
the bonding and brings both more closer.Love is not just falling in love...love is sustaining it for years to come.I speak of this, because...I was weak in my case...I couldnt assure her that I was there for her….I failed in my test ..and because of which that 'special' person in my life walked out of my life.As time passed, I realized my folly and went back to her and went on my knees asking her back into my life.But then it was too late, too late for any corrections...she was gone. She was engaged to someone else and I had lost her.Thats when I realised how true elders say 'do the right thing at the right time'...cause time waits for none.
So people...one doesnt realize the value of that thing or person..until that thing or person is no longer with them.But late realization is of no use.
So all u people make sure that...u treasure that special person in ur life and hold onto them and let love grow between u both.
Keep Believing in LOVE.

3 comments:

Manish Chhetri said...

Man! U got a PHd. in 'LOVE' good! The stuff feels like real hard facts dude..good one.

Unknown said...

Hi Manish,

Nice post :) I will add, one should not fall in 'Love', one should 'rise' with love. Take your time in finding that 'special' person, but once found keep it with you forever.

Atul

Unknown said...

Reallly Good :-) A real source of inspiration for all in love who must be holding their feelings for tht someone spl ;-)
Keep it up :-) I can foresee a very good writer emerging :-)