Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Shopping with the Gals

Its was another lazy weekend and I had nothing in particular to do.So I decided to go shopping.So I called up my friend Nithya and asked if she would be interested in
joining me. To my surprise she along with another friend(Attreyee) of ours had made
up plans to go shopping, so she asked me if I would like to join them.I agreed without giving it a second thought.So the venue was to be Bangalore Central a shopping mall and the time to meet up was 11:30AM.So I promptly reached up the place at 11:30. Time passed by..but still no signs of my friends.Thats when it struck me that I had decided to go shopping with 2 GURLS...and I had to bear the typical girlly stuff (sorry gals I am not being Gender biased here..) of never being on time.
So finally the gurls turn up at 12:30 and one should have seen the glow on their faces when they saw these red placards stuck up everywhere announcing that today was a 'HAPINESS SALE' day...with discount offers on almost every item at the mall.
The gurls didnt lose much time and got started with their shopping.The place was
jam packed with people.But the good thing was it had loads of cute faces all around.
So I was not complaining.That day I was given the post of the offical 'fashion critic' and I was supposed to tell the gurls if the dresses looked good on them on not. Goodness gracious....wat I thought was a easy job of saying yes or no...turned out to be a taxing job...where in I stood outside the trial rooms waiting for each of these 2 gurls to try around 5-6 clothes and then give my opinion.Hey, mind it, it was not just a question of saying YES or NO...I was even required to justify as to why I didnt think the dress looked good on them...(now guys u can imagine how tough the job was) So this went on nearly 4 hours wherein the girls tried things from shoes to tshirts.In the whole process we missed our lunch as well :-(...and had my legs crying with pain due to long hours of standing.But finally I convinced the gurls to go grab something to munch on.The most irritating part was..whenever I used to go ahead in the crowd thinking that the gurls r right behind me...and when I used to turn back..these gurls were no where to be seen They wud have take a deviation and wud had stuck up at some place checking out these accessories or some clothes.So each time I had to go back and pull them along.So after lot of dragging and pulling
we ended up having something to eat at around 5 in the evening..poor tummy of mine was literally straved. As soon as they finished satisfying their hunger...the gurls decided to continue with their shopping spere.But this time we had to go to another mall which was near by.so the same stuff continued there as well all the way till 8PM.SO the shopping saga came to an end with me for the first time in my life shopping for nearly 8 hours...phew...